Monday, March 14, 2005

Another 500!

Despite a few dry coughs, an hour before dinner today I went thru another 500 suburi. It was 20 on the right knee and then 20 on the left, until the count went up to 100, and then I did 40 sit-ups in one go. So totally it was 500 suburi with suburi-to, plus 200 sit-ups, and today's background music is Dir en Grey (...J-rock, visual-kei). A slight improvement from yesterday.

There is squad late night on Tues (9.00-10.30pm?!) but if I get there 1.5 hr one-way for that 1.5 hr, when I get home it'll be at mid-night. How am I suppose to deal with that once I start working fulltime??

Save that for daydream...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! What do you mean by 20 on the right knee and then 20 on the left? Are you doing the suburi left-feet-front? Then how are the hands on the suburi-to? Thanks!

Mingshi said...

D'oh!

To clarify: I do suburi at home KNEELING, but with one foot up (Kinda like when people do iaido, the first sword draw from seiza). If I don't kneel down I will hit the ceiling - that's from a history of blasting 6 bulbs just by doing suburi and get all excited.

Hands are... on the suburi-to as usual. Nothing special. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah... Now I understand. I was envious that you have a big house and can do suburi inhouse :)

My sensei advised me to practice from sonkyo, but it's hard - I get tired in the legs before the hands. I'll try your method, though I don't have enough stamina for 500 suburi...

And thanks - I really enjoy your blog.