Friday, April 15, 2005

All Tied Up... %*#@&!!

Some time ago I digged up an old piece of jumping rope. For a bit of change I went down to an open space in my neighbourhood to go rope-jumping. My target is 500.

...Little I know it was so difficult. It exposed my no-so-good hand-foot coordination as I kept tripping on it. Running out of breath quickly is another mistake... My highest non-tripping record was only 43 jumps..!! WTF. Even a 5-year-old kindergarten girl can beat me!!!

My right ankle hurts a bit after that 500 - the ground is of concrete so I don't think I should do that too regularly... Maybe I should invest in a better pair or trainers, or go to jump on that artificial mat at the kids playground instead (too embrassing to do so in front of them kids..!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry! It'll catch up to your suburi in no time... just give your body time to adapt ;)

Mingshi said...

Problem is, I can't do that in the rain (like today... altho I have kendo now..) But it's proven to be more of a workout than just suburi, or even hayasuburi, given the same count of 500..
Yoshi!