Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hiki-waza

Key Points:-

To Start: Keep proper tsuba-zeriai to protect yourself as in chudan
Step 1: Hit hard on the same spot with right foot stamping
Step 2: Escape as fast as you could
Step 3: Strong kiai

Our latest ninja senpai, Minejima-san, volunteers to spend a few training session on Hiki-waza.

...I was unable to train for the second week running because of a wrist injury from motorbiking (I should say I was not at all talented at that). Probably I should be spending the whole Sep resting my wrist, and get some mitori-keiko after work. I hate the feeling of not being able to do anything.

1 comment:

Mad Dog said...

Be careful, motorbikes are much more dangerous than swords. I discovered this the hard way when I was about your age. Wrists can take a long time to heal -other body parts are even slower.